If the skin setup is hanging at the "Setting up Notifications..." step, make sure your facebook language is set to English. Once the setup is complete you can change your language back to whatever you need.
View on Youtube http://youtu.be/zljLizHQOJs
- View 10 most recent posts from your News Feed and Wall (Includes status updates, photos, checkins, links, and videos).
- View 5 most recent Notifications, Friend Requests, and Inbox Messages
- Easily post status updates to your wall without opening a browser
- 3 variants - Full, Compact, and Large Text
- Colors and fonts are fully customizable, so it will look great on any background
Version 2.1.1 (Released Oct 23rd, 2011)
- Significantly lowered data load times
New in version 2.1 (Released Oct 19th, 2011)
- Skin downloads data directly from Facebook instead of going through my server, so it's more reliable
- Lowered refresh rate to every 3 min. (Skin checks for new notifications, friend requests, and messages every 1 min)
- Removed large "Facebook" header to conserve screen space
- No longer have to manually configure your Notifications RSS feed, it's automatically done for you when you connect with Facebook
- Notification bubble color is now configurable
- Added optional background to help with text legibility
New in version 2.0
- "Like" posts
- View,post and like comments to posts
- View friend requests
- View latest inbox messages
- Notified of new friend requests, messages, and notifications via "balloon tip" similar to the Facebook website
- Facebook hasn't released the API for their new messaging system, so there are some inconsistencies (any messages received through FB Chat will not show up) between what you will see in the skin and their website. They say it will be released soon, and as soon as it is I will release an update.
- Occasionally after posting a new comment, the skin doesn't show it. If that happens, just close out the comments and reopen. I haven't had any instance when the comment wasn't posted...so don't double post assuming it didn't work the first time.
Requires Rainmeter 2.1.
This skin requires application authorization through Facebook. This is completely secure and you can view my privacy statement here. The list of permissions required has gotten significantly longer...this is due to the new notifications feature.
***PLEASE DO NOT LOWER THE UPDATE RATE OF THIS SKIN***
's are much appreciated
If you like this skin...please consider a small donation to help cover my server bandwidth costs. Just click the small, blue gear icon in the upper right corner of the skin.